- Robust Aluminum Housing
- Epoxy Encapsulated PCB to Prevent Corrosion (IP68)
- Compact Size
- Infrared Remote Control Programming Accessory (CIS-CU)
- Intelligent Timer Functions
- Widely Programmable
- External Temperature Sensor
- 4 Stage Battery Charging (Main, Float, Boost, Equalization)
- Dual load or Dimmable Load Output
- Automatic System Voltage Recognition (12/24 V)
- PV-Systems exposed to extreme weather/environmental conditions (street lights, navigation buoys, etc.) have increased risk for damage in the power electronics. In order to assure reliable battery charge control under such conditions, Phocos developed an encapsulated charge controller (IP68) to prevent corrosion: CIS.
- CIS is an industrial-grade charge controller that is suitable for all practical PV applications. High-quality, 4-stage PWM-charging is combined with amazing features such as: low-voltage disconnect, flexible load timer functions, and
a multi-LED system status display. CIS is available in two versions:
• Dual load to independently control two loads.
• Output Dimming to save energy in lighting applications.
- The CIS has no moving parts, switches or buttons. Settings such as battery type, deep discharge thresholds, timers, etc. are made quickly and easily via infrared remote control accessory.
- All devices are connected to the controller by supplied lead wires rather than wire terminals. This feature eliminates the risk of damage from external influences (corrosion, dust, water, bugs, chemicals, physical shock) where components make electrical contact to the controller.
- The extremely compact aluminum housing even allows for mounting CIS inside street light poles. CIS was developed in accordance with well-established Phocos standards incorporating the latest technology, highest-quality and best possible cost/performance ratio.
- The CIS family welcomes new members: the CIS-N and CIS-LED. The CIS-N and CIS-LED series have all the great features of the original CIS series, with the added benefit of negative grounding.
- The CIS-N is designed especially for applications in the gas and oil industry, such as remote monitoring, weather stations, valve controlling, SCADA, and many more.
- The CIS-LED combines three functions in one:
Charge controller + flexible timer + LED drivers, making it perfect for users of solar LED lamps and solar LED street lights.
- Discover more under the CIS-N series and CIS-LED series.
| System voltage || 12/24 V auto recognition |
| Max. charge/load current || 5 A |
| Float charge || 13.8/27.6 V (25 °C) |
| Main charge || 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 30 min. (daily) |
| Boost charge || 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 2 h|
Activation: battery voltage <12.3/24.6 V
| Equalization || 14.8/29.6 V (25 °C), 2 Std. |
Activation: battery voltage <12.1/24.2 V (at least every 30 days)
| Deep discharge protection: Cut-off voltage |
11 – 12 V / 22 – 24 V
| Overvoltage protection || 15.5/31.0 V |
| Undervoltage protection || 10.5/21 V |
| Max. panel voltage |
| 50 V @ 24 V / 30 V @ 12 V |
| Temperature compensation |
| −25 mV/K at 12 V|
−50 mV/K at 24 V
| Max. self consumption || 5 – 8 mA at 12 V|
6 – 10 mA at 24 V
| Grounding || Positive grounding |
| Ambient temperature || −40 to +60 °C |
| Max. height || 4,000 m above sea level |
| Battery type || Lead acid (GEL, AGM, flooded) |
| Adjustment range: |
0 – 15 h / 0 – 14 h
2.5 – 10 V
| Wire length || 10 cm |
| Dimensions (B x H x T ) || 82 x 58 x 20 mm |
| Weight || 150 g |
| Wire cross section || |
| Type of protection || IP68 (1.5 m, 72 h) |
| Technical data dimming output
| Dimming value || 0 – 100% output power |
| Dimming output voltage || 0 – 10 V (max. 1 mA) |