Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Phocos, is a global manufacturer of solar components and solutions for off-grid power supplies. With the one of the widest global sales, engineering and production networks in the Solar PV Industry, Phocos provides high-quality solutions that provide reliable light and electricity Anywhere, Any Time, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable energy, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us reduce that number substantially. Phocos is currently seeking a Support Technician to support our Aftersales Support, Quality Management and R&D teams.
Reporting to the Applications Engineer, the Support Technician is an integral part of the technical team. They are responsible for customer technical support, technical sales support and assisting R&D with preparing and executing test plans as part of the product development process.
- Fields customer technical support inquiries for the Americas region, troubleshoots problems and provides thorough and prompt communication to clients regarding the status and resolution of support tickets.
- Tests prototype, trial production and mass production builds, evaluates and clearly documents test results and makes recommendations to R&D.
- Investigates, documents and resolves customer warranty claims in an expedient manner utilizing first-class customer service skills.
- Thoroughly documents all customer technical support issues using company ticketing system and regularly updates ticket status throughout the support process.
- Assists Sales teams with technical sales inquiries including product selection, system design review and providing detailed product training to key clients.
- Provides assistance to Inside Sales/Logistics for QC, preparation of outbound shipments for dispatch on an as-needed basis.
- Occasional overnight travel is required up to 10%.
- Strong electronics background with previous experience with power electronics.
- Demonstrated experience using digital multimeters, DC power-supplies, oscilloscopes, and similar testing equipment.
- Solid experience with THT/SMT soldering.
- Refined problem-solving skills.
- Thorough record-keeping, documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and circuit schematics
- Experience with performing electrical safety procedures and identifying electrical hazards.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other global offices to achieve objectives.
- Significant skills in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to lift at objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- 5+ years of work technician experience within an electronics-related field
– Power electronics/solar/battery/refrigeration experience preferred.
- 5+ years of technical support experience in an electronics-related field.
- Previous experience in technical sales support.
- Previous experiencing writing and executing engineering test plans and preparing written test reports.
- Previous experience using CRM, ticketing software.
- Fluent in English (Spanish, Portuguese a plus)