Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Product Manager to manage our advanced inverter vertical on a global basis. As the leader of the advanced inverter vertical, the Product Manager is the key interface between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, key clients and production to ensure Phocos inverters continuously meet the needs of the marketplace while maintaining world-class, Phocos quality and reliability at all times.
Reporting to the CEO, the Product Manager is charged with setting and executing the product strategy for the advanced inverters vertical, developing and regularly updating a product roadmap for Executive Management. In addition, the Product Manager regularly interacts with customers, conducts market research, keeps current on market/technology trends and provides product strategy recommendations to Executive Management including well defined success metrics.
- Evaluates existing Phocos Inverter product portfolio position in the market relative to competition.
- Establishes regular communication with customers and sales to identify product requirements.
- Generates market analysis to define new business opportunities for Phocos.
- Produces data driven business cases as justification for new product development.
- Writes detailed Market Requirement Documents that drive new product development process.
- Maintains and distributes current product portfolio lists including finished goods and spare parts (where applicable).
- Oversees new product development, interfacing with Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Assists technical support and Applications Engineers with support inquiries and is final approver of warranty claims for advanced inverter products.
- Generates marketing collateral including product labels, datasheets, user manuals, quick start guides, how-to videos etc. in support of Marketing initiatives for the advanced inverter portfolio.
- Prepares timely and regular sales trainings, product status, firmware/feature updates to the global Phocos team.
- Provides accurate and timely progress reports and product development plans.
- Develops appropriate strategic and operational relationships at all levels, internal and external.
- Identifies and capitalizes on events and business initiatives such as conferences and industry events.
- Provides ongoing strategy recommendation to Executive team regarding product roadmap.
- Domestic and International Travel: up to 20%.
- Entrepreneurial drive and motivation to identify new business opportunities in key target markets.
- Previous experience in AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC power conversion, solar power, energy storage or other related technical field.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at translating highly technical information into clear, concise written documents for mass consumption.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and proposals.
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers at the highest level.
- Self-motivated, team player, who is disciplined and able to remain corporately focused.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in an R&D and/or product management role in a related field OR 5+ years’ experience plus Master’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline.
- Previous experience working with suppliers and contract manufacturers based in Asia preferred.
- Experience working in multinational business environment preferred.
- Fluent in English (Mandarin and/or German a plus).