Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Support Technician to support our Aftersales Support, Quality Management and R&D teams.
Reporting to the Applications Engineer, the Support Technician is an integral part of the technical team. They are responsible for customer technical support, technical sales support and assisting R&D with preparing and executing test plans as part of the product development process.
- Fields customer technical support inquiries for the Americas region, troubleshoots problems and provides thorough and prompt communication to clients regarding the status and resolution of support tickets.
- Tests prototype, trial production and mass production builds, evaluates and clearly documents test results and makes recommendations to R&D.
- Investigates, documents and resolves customer warranty claims in an expedient manner utilizing first–class customer service skills.
- Thoroughly documents all customer technical support issues using company ticketing system and regularly updates ticket status throughout the support process.
- Assists Sales teams with technical sales inquiries including product selection, system design review and providing detailed product training to key clients.
- Provides assistance to Inside Sales/Logistics for QC, preparation of outbound shipments for dispatch on an as-needed basis.
- Occasional overnight travel is required up to 10%.
- Strong electronics background with previous experience with power electronics.
- Demonstrated experience using digital multimeters, DC power-supplies, oscilloscopes, and similar testing equipment.
- Solid experience with THT/SMT soldering.
- Refined problem-solving skills.
- Thorough record-keeping, documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and circuit schematics
- Experience with performing electrical safety procedures and identifying electrical hazards.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other global offices to achieve objectives.
- Significant skills in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to lift at objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- 5+ years of work technician experience within an electronics-related field
- Power electronics/solar/battery/refrigeration experience preferred.
- 5+ years of technical support experience in an electronics-related field.
- Previous experience in technical sales support.
- Previous experiencing writing and executing engineering test plans and preparing written test reports.
- Previous experience using CRM, ticketing software.
- Fluent in English (Spanish, Portuguese a plus)