Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and solutions for off-grid power supplies. With the one of the widest global sales, engineering and production network in the Solar PV Industry, Phocos supplies high-quality solutions that help to bring reliable light and electricity With over 1 billion people in the world living without access to reliable electricity, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us supply solutions that help to reduce that number substantially.
Phocos is currently seeking a General Manager – Phocos India to support our global operations.
The General Manager of Phocos India is an integral part of the Phocos global manufacturing and supply chain management team, leading a team of 20 staff based in Pondicherry. They will be responsible for all managerial aspects of our India-based subsidiary including: Operations Management, supply chain management, outsourced manufacturing, procurement, planning and logistics, and regional sales management.
- Establishes & executes a 3 year Strategic growth plan for India.
- Supervises Production, Procurement, Planning and Logistics functions including the functional managers and employees.
- Develops department budgets and goals guided by site objectives and corporate policy.
- Builds cross-functional relationships where persuasive skills, negotiation skills, and considerable tact are required to gain support.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key customers, suppliers, etc., who have a significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Maintains responsibility for management of materials available to support build plans throughout the product life cycle.
- Provides leadership in designing the supplier materials supply chain to provide optimum flexibility with minimum investment.
- Leads efforts to reduce material cost and assess/respond to supply risks.
- Manages the development of delivery requirements, material plans and short-range capacity plans to meet production schedules and inventory objectives.
- Responsible for customer interface from SCM including relationship management and as focal point for all SCM related issues.
- Works to ensure Phocos is compliant with customs and regulatory laws.
- Negotiates with carriers to support domestic and international air, rail and ocean transport ensuring favorable rates and cycle times for Phocos.
- Directly manages a team of 10 to 20 employees including employee training, performance, measurement, development, motivation and recognition.
- Establishes department goals/ measurements and manages resources to achieve these goals.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of global supply chain management, distribution methods, and global transportation services and inventory management.
- Ability to understand the complete supply chain and resolve issues in any area.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the workings of a manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
- Strong knowledge in all areas of import / export, regulatory and logistics management.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Able to work effectively cross- functionally and with other sites to achieve objectives.
- Good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business applications.
- Able to resolve complex issues & problems internally and externally.
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Occasional overnight travel is required up to 30%.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Senior Management capacity preferably in the Renewable Energy Industry ( Solar)
- Previous experience managing multiple departments in Supply Chain.
- Previous experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with India-based manufacturing
- Previous experience working for a USA or Europe based company with office in India.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelors degree in Business, Materials Management, Engineering or related field.
- Masters degree in related discipline preferred.