Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Sales Manager – Europe to rapidly develop and grow Phocos’ business throughout Europe, serving as the key interface between customers and internal stakeholders. This position requires both technical expertise as well as the ability to initiate and develop relationships with a wide array of clients and partners from various cultural backgrounds while positioning the Phocos brand for long term growth in the marketplace. The Sales Manager – Europe will work closely with clients, the Internal Sales team and the Technical Support team to ensure customer satisfaction and expand opportunities for future sales growth. He/she must be comfortable with frequent travel, public speaking and be able to present complex technical subjects in an intuitive and straightforward manner.
Reporting to the COO, the Sales Manager – Europe, keeps current on market/technology trends and provides product strategy recommendations to R&D, Product Management and Executive Management teams including well defined business cases based on real world market opportunities.
- Generates new Phocos business and ensures growth of existing accounts
- Assess potential application of Phocos products and offers solutions that meet customer needs
- Assist clients in sizing and deployment of power system solutions featuring Phocos solutions
- Develop appropriate strategic and operational relationships at all levels, internal and external
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting, pipeline management and account growth plans
- Meet and exceed targets by developing new business relationships with customers
- Provide product training to clients and communicate internal feedback for product development
- Identify and participate in strategic industry events such as conferences and trade shows
- Generates market analysis to define new business opportunities for Phocos
- Produces data driven business cases as justification for new product development
- Provides ongoing strategy recommendation internally regarding Phocos product roadmap
- Domestic and International Travel: up to 50%
- Three years minimum sales, account management experience
- Previous experience in the solar, energy storage or other renewable energy field
- Fluency in both English and German – additional languages a plus
- Entrepreneurial drive and motivation to identify potential customers in key target markets
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals
- Ability to understand a prospective client’s corporate structure and identify key decision makers
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers at the highest level
- Self-motivated, team player, who is disciplined and able to take high degree of initiative
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close deals to ensure deliverables achieved
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Related Field
- A motivated and open team that is at your side with help and advice.
- A constructive, fair and collegial working atmosphere in an exciting international environment.
- A full-time employment relationship initially limited to two years, with a very good chance of being taken on in a permanent employment relationship.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your email application, including cover letter, CV and certificates. Please also tell us your earliest possible starting date and your earnings expectations. Your contact person is Heike Toegel (email@example.com).