The Warehouse Operations Associate will assist the Logistics Manager with warehouse operation for Phocos’ Bubesheim warehouse, as well as work closely with internal sales and support our customers with order-processing.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for warehouse including but not limited to receiving containers on time, putting away/picking/shipping on time based on customer routing guide requirement, working with outbound transportation team to ensure products get picked up on time, as well as quality management, returns operations.
- Support Logistics Manager in managing incoming and outgoing shipments in our external warehouse in Bubesheim, 30 min outside of Ulm, Germany
- Order processing and purchasing for the European warehouse as well as microcontrollers for production in China and India.
- Understand and manage quarterly warehouse inventory, procurement of warehouse equipment and office supplies, while ensuring warehouse cost comes within budget.
- Purchases all inventory supply items as required supporting targeted inventory levels.
- Actively drive cost savings initiatives.
- Stay on top of waste disposal laws where it pertains to old appliances, batteries, and other equipment.
- Work on new merchandise management system (Netsuite/Trello).
- Manage distribution along with material handling and routing/labeling requirements for national and international trade shows
- Maintain communications and work cross functionally with Sales, Finance, and other Phocos teams regarding tasks or projects relating to inventory, invoicing, item setup, parcel services, order shipment documentation, etc..
- Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, work on the implementation, maintenance, and any improvements around warehouse related systems and processes.
- Requires full understanding of products to come up with storage requirement by product to efficiently utilize warehouse space while maintaining product quality.
- Help with evaluations and reports as well as with general administrative tasks.
- Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, etc., and cover for Logistics Manager when offsite or away from work.
- Observe standard operating procedures for consistent quality standards and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professionally interact with customers, team members, and third-party vendor/partner relationships to provide the highest level of customer service.
- 2-4 years warehouse operations, purchasing experience, preferably in a global company.
- High level of attention to detail, strategic thinking, ability to solve complex problems, and provide strategic analysis that guides decision making.
- Strong Customer Service orientation.
- Must be able to work required schedules onsite at our Bubesheim location.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate material handling equipment.
- Must be able to operate the receiving segment of the warehouse management computer system.
- Must be able to continually lift, carry, push and pull merchandise up to 40kg.
- Must be able to continually stand, bend, stoop, twist and reach.
- Must successfully complete commercial training, ideally with a focus on foreign trade
- Solid knowledge of MS Office package and proficiency in ERP and CRM systems
- Knowledge of Logistics & Distribution.
- Strong collaborative problem-solver, effective communicator.
- Ability to forecast, analyze and prepare statistical data and metrics
- Organized, responsible, ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- May have to travel at times to Ulm
- 2-4 years of experience in an international environment, both with customers and with colleagues
- Fluent in written and spoken German and solid English skills
- Reliable, punctual, and able to work independently and accurately,
What We Offer:
- A motivated and open-minded team that is at your side with support, advice and action.
- Easy access to caring, down-to-earth, transparent, and open Senior Leadership Team
- Casual work environment.
- A constructive, fair and collegial working atmosphere in an exciting international environment
- A full-time employment contract initially limited to two years with very good chances of being taken on in a permanent employment contract
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- The most diverse workforce ever
- Training opportunities and Internal promotions
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your e-mail application with cover letter, CV and certificates. Please also let us know your earliest possible start date and salary expectations.
Your contact person is Heike Toegel (email@example.com).