Phocos offers value, reliability, and efficiency for DC refrigeration. When every Watt produced matters, the Phocos FR-B Series DC chest refrigerator/freezer with Boost feature, is a cost-effective solution for...
Phocos offers value, reliability, and efficiency for DC refrigeration. When every Watt produced matters, the Phocos FR-B Series DC chest refrigerator/freezer with Boost feature, is a cost-effective solution for Off-Grid power systems. The Phocos DC chest refrigerator/freezer can run on solar, wind, hydro, a generator and/or battery systems. This family of products runs on environmentally-friendly R600a refrigerant for those who care about environmental standards or for those who live in countries that regulate refrigerant standards.
The customer controls how the Phocos FR-B Series DC chest refrigerator/freezer operates:
- Adjustable Thermostat Dial: Flexible to operate as a DC refrigerator or a DC freezer, by simply turning the temperature dial.
- Auto Detection: The FR-B Series DC appliance operates on 12 or 24Vdc. Meaning, the customer has flexibility with system design, future growth, or changes over time.
- BOOST Switch: Unique on the market. The simple BOOST switch allows an option for the customer to have a faster cooling option, when needed.
- Hanging Basket(s): Space utilization and organization is simple in this chest design.
Off-Grid solar systems are often powered by solar panels and sometimes incorporate DC generators. Both of these incoming power sources produce DC electricity. When living Off-Grid, often customers strive to use DC loads or DC appliances to avoid buying an inverter (needed to convert DC electricity to power AC appliances). If a customer is looking for a refrigerator or freezer solution to complement their Off-Grid solar system, it is often easiest and more cost effective to select a DC refrigerator or a DC freezer to fit the design. DC refrigerators and DC freezers may not be as readily available as AC appliances, but often professionals will advise customers to get educated about DC appliance options if maximizing performance, energy efficiency and costs are important. Quality DC refrigeration appliances can be the best solution. Learn more about AC refrigeration and DC refrigeration price comparisons here. Phocos has been servicing the Off-Grid community for over 20 years, so our designs fit the needs of the Off-Grid market. Phocos has key global distribution partners who can offer an FR-B Series DC chest refrigerator/freezer to many locations around the world.
WHERE TO BUY
The Phocos FR-B Series DC Chest Refrigerator/Freezer offers the following in comparison to an AC appliance solution:
- The Phocos FR-B Series has high-efficiency cooling, most often requiring less power draw per day than an AC equivalent.
- Less power draw means less batteries required, so when DC batteries need to be replaced there is an automatic savings over the lifetime of an installed solar system.
- Less power draw means less solar panel capacity is required upfront, offering an instant savings.
- A DC refrigerator or DC freezer does not require the added cost of an inverter and constant power draw that equipment requires. Another opportunity to save on the initial system investment.
- In summary, overall system costs with DC chest refrigeration are often less when considering the equipment required upfront. Rather than thinking about only the cost of a DC refrigerator or DC freezer vs. an AC appliance, it is best to understand total system costs to make the best financial decision
- Less installed equipment means fewer connections and less opportunity for failure. Limiting downtime is always the goal of a person investing in their own energy independence, who are not relying on traditional utility grid power to keep food fresh.