Phocos, is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for Off-grid and Edge-of-grid power converters. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, and for Any-Grid. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently searching for a dynamic and talented embedded systems engineering intern to join our product development team. As an intern, you will play a crucial role in supporting the advancement of our innovative power converters. Working closely with our experienced team of engineers, you will be primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of our embedded software solutions.
- Understand system requirements for new and existing products.
- Contribute to the implementation of new firmware features in C into existing products.
- Support R&D engineers with firmware integration, hardware bring-up, code optimization, and debugging.
- Develop firmware specifications and documentation of functional requirements.
- Execute test procedures and document test results based on acceptance plan.
- Adhere to internal programming development standards and guidelines.
- Work on various aspects of embedded programming from controlling power conversion to defining user interfaces.
- Currently pursuing a BS/MS program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Completion of basic electric circuits coursework.
- Experience with fundamental hardware components and their function.
- Skills and experience in programming microcontrollers in C/C++
- Knowledge of serial and wireless communication protocols a plus.
- Experience debugging embedded systems using tools such as scopes or logic analyzers.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different teams.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and debugging abilities.