Phocos, is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Manager- Technical Support to provide world class service to our clients before, during and after the purchasing process.
Reporting to the Applications Engineer, the Manager- Technical Support is an integral part of the technical team. They are responsible for customer technical support, technical sales support and warranty claim management including inspection, testing, repair and documentation of claim reports.
- Fields customer technical support inquiries for the Americas region, troubleshoots problems and provides thorough and prompt communication to clients regarding the status and resolution of support tickets.
- Tests prototype, trial production and mass production builds, evaluates and clearly documents test results and makes recommendations to R&D/Product Management.
- Investigates, documents and resolves customer warranty claims in an expedient manner utilizing first-class customer service skills.
- Thoroughly documents all customer technical support issues using company ticketing system and regularly updates ticket status throughout the support process.
- Assists Sales teams with technical sales inquiries including product selection, system design review and providing detailed product training to key clients.
- Provides assistance to Inside Sales/Logistics for QC, preparation of outbound shipments for dispatch on an as-needed basis.
- Occasional overnight travel is required up to 10%.
- Strong electronics background with previous experience with power electronics.
- Demonstrated experience using digital multimeters, DC power-supplies, oscilloscopes, and similar testing equipment.
- Solid experience with THT/SMT soldering.
- Refined problem-solving skills.
- Thorough record-keeping, documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and circuit schematics.
- Experience with performing electrical safety procedures and identifying electrical hazards.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other global offices to achieve objectives.
- Significant skills in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to lift at objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- 5+ years of work technician experience within an electronics-related field
- Power electronics/solar/battery/refrigeration experience preferred.
- 5+ years of technical customer support experience in an electronics-related field.
- Previous experience in technical sales support.
- Previous experiencing writing and executing engineering test plans and preparing written test reports.
- Previous experience using CRM, ticketing software.
- Fluent in English (Spanish, Portuguese a plus)