Phocos is a global manufacturer of off-grid and edge-of-grid solar components and energy storage solutions. Phocos has over 20 years of experience in designing and delivering high quality power conversion and energy storage solutions to enable reliable energy access anywhere in the world, anytime, on any grid (AnyGridTM). Over three billion people around the world do not have access to reliable electricity. So you can see that we have a lot to do. That’s why we need you in our team. Help us create best-in-class solutions to meet the world’s growing energy needs while contributing to a low-carbon planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Support Technician to join our Customer Service, Quality Management and Engineering teams.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Support Technician is an integral part of the technical team. He is responsible for technical customer service, application support, and assisting the development teams in creating and executing test plans as part of the product development process.
- Handling technical support requests for the EMEA region
- Troubleshooting issues and responsible for communicating thoroughly and promptly with customers on the status and resolution of support tickets
- Testing of prototypes, alpha, beta and release products
- Traceable documentation of test results and providing feedback to the development team
- Investigating, documenting and resolving customers’ warranty claims in a timely manner while applying world-class customer service skills
- Thoroughly documenting all customer technical issues and regularly updating status throughout the support process
- Needs-based support of the internal sales/logistics in quality control, the preparation of outgoing shipments and shipping
- Occasional business trips with overnight stays are required (up to 10%).
- Knowledge of electronics with experience in power electronics
- Proven experience using digital multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes and similar test equipment
- Solid experience in THT/SMT soldering and system assembly
- Very good problem solving skills
- Careful maintenance of records and documentation
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematics
- Experience in conducting electrical safety procedures and recognizing electrical hazards
- Self-motivation and ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and collaborate with other offices worldwide to achieve goals
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 20 kilograms
- 5 years of professional experience as a technician in a field of electronics
- 5 years of technical support experience in an electronics field
- Experience in writing and executing technical test plans and creating written test reports
- Fluent command of German and English
- More than 5 years of experience as a technician in the power electronics and/or solar industry
- Technical sales support experience
- Experience working with CRM, ticketing software
- Multilingualism (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, etc.)
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your e-mail application with cover letter, CV and certificates. Please also let us know your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. Please send your email to HR@phocos.com