Who we are
Phocos, is a global manufacturer of solar components and Energy Storage solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With over 20-years of experience, Phocos designs and supplies high-quality power conversion and energy storage solutions that provide reliable power Anywhere, Anytime, Any-GridTM. With over 3 billion people in the world living without access to reliable power, we have work to do, and we need you to join our team to help us provide world-class solutions to meet the world’s growing power demands while contributing to a decarbonized planet.
Phocos is currently seeking a Sales Manager – Europe to rapidly develop and grow Phocos’ business throughout Europe, serving as the key interface between customers and internal stakeholders. This position requires both technical expertise as well as the ability to initiate and develop relationships with a wide array of clients and partners from various cultural backgrounds while positioning the Phocos brand for long term growth in the marketplace. The Sales Manager – Europe will work closely with clients, the Internal Sales team and the Technical Support team to ensure customer satisfaction and expand opportunities for future sales growth. He/she must be comfortable with frequent travel, public speaking and be able to present complex technical subjects in an intuitive and straightforward manner.
Reporting to the COO, the Sales Manager – Europe, keeps current on market/technology trends and provides product strategy recommendations to R&D, Product Management and Executive Management teams including well defined business cases based on real world market opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a “Can-Do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for driving overall growth throughout his/her market area. S/he will need to have a strong sense of urgency, high energy, and self-motivation, be disciplined, client/customer focused, and be ready to hit the ground running!
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling, and prospecting throughout the region
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plans, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed this quota
- Assess potential application of Phocos products and offers solutions that meet customer needs
- Assist clients in sizing and deployment of power system solutions featuring Phocos solutions
- Develop appropriate strategic and operational relationships at all levels, internal and external
- Meet and exceed targets by developing new business relationships with customers
- Identify and participate in strategic industry events such as conferences and trade shows
- Generate market analysis to define new business opportunities for Phocos (PM)
- Develop strategy and pricing controls for quotations. Manage sales pipeline with timely forecasting and reporting
- Establish and drive specific sales plans to implement new products, services and programs
- Maintain CRM reporting with regular updates to manage opportunities and quotes and provide management visibility for sales pipeline
- Produce data driven business cases as justification for new product development (PM)
- Provide ongoing strategy recommendation internally regarding Phocos product roadmap
- Domestic and International Travel: up to 50%
- Three years minimum closing high volume deals sales
- Previous experience in the solar, energy storage or other renewable energy field
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High-producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Entrepreneurial drive and motivation to identify potential customers in key target markets
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals
- Ability to understand a prospective client’s corporate structure and identify key decision makers
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers at the highest level
- Self-motivated, team player, who is disciplined and able to take high degree of initiative
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close deals to ensure deliverables achieved
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Related Field
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Employer M/F/V/D