1. Ensure your Wi-Fi router or access point is capable of functioning on the 2.4 GHz band and enable it if necessary. The AB-PLC does not support 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks at this time.
2. Check that the name (SSID) and password of your router or access point is correct. Connection to the Wi-Fi network and internet is shown in the PhocosLink Mobile app during the setup procedure. Use the reset button (see AB-PLC manual for details) to change the SSID or password as necessary.
3. Check that the AB-PLC is within Wi-Fi range of the access point or router. If legal in your area, try an antenna with more gain, such as a directional antenna pointing towards your wireless router or access point. If using an omnidirectional antenna such as the one included with the AB-PLC, make sure it is pointing parallel to your router or access point antenna (usually vertical).
4. Test if a wired Ethernet connection works in place of Wi-Fi.
If the connection to your wireless router or access point is successful, but connection to the internet is not:
- Check if the AB-PLC received an IP address from your router, in your router settings.
- Check that other devices in the same Wi-Fi network can connect to the internet. There may be a temporary internet outage.