Looking for a career that matters? Phocos has been developing technology with a purpose since 2000. We believe energy access changes lives. Phocos supplies high-quality solutions that help bring light and electricity to some of the most remote corners of the world. We are proud to employ talented engineers, designers, sales teams, management teams, and dedicated staff, at each of our global offices. We believe in a strong team ‘One Phocos’ mentality.
Phocos values knowledgeable, experienced, innovative thinkers. We are always looking for the best and brightest, so while we don’t currently have any opportunities we are actively promoting, feel free to send a resume and cover letter with details about what makes you someone to consider.
Location: Ulm, Germany
Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and solutions for off-grid and edge-of-grid power supplies. With the one of the widest global sales, engineering and production networks in the Solar PV industry, Phocos provides high-quality solutions that bring reliable light and electricity Anywhere, Any Time, Any-GridTM. With over 1 billion people in the world living without access to reliable energy, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us reduce that number substantially.
Phocos is currently seeking an Embedded IoT Software Engineer (m / f / d) to support our team in our headquarter in Ulm, Germany.
- Implementation of embedded IoT application and connectivity software components from concept to series production and operation.
- Maintenance and optimization of existing software systems
- General support activities for software development
- Completed technical studies (e.g. electrical engineering, computer science, technical computer science) or comparable qualification
- 3 years + work experience in a similar technical field
- Good knowledge of embedded software development with C / C ++
- Basic knowledge of version management with Git
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented application development with Java or C #
- Initial experience with connected devices including various communication protocols and technologies (bluetooth, wifi, 4G, 5G, etc.) is a plus
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Practical disposition and initiative paired with a thorough and structured way of working
- Reliability, a pronounced sense of responsibility, independent action as well as a high degree of flexibility, creativity, social skills and the ability to work in a team
Please submit all applications including resume/CV to email@example.com.